Monday, November 3, 2008

Red Dirt in Moab

This last weekend Alberto & I headed down to Moab, UT to celebrate our 4th anniversary along with my birthday. This is the gift he bought me. (A 2 night stay in a wonderful hotel/winery) It was beautiful, we stayed along the Colorado River. On Friday we got there in time to relax and have a nice dinner and some tasty wine. Saturday was our big day of site seeing. We went on a beautiful drive and then headed to Arches National Park where we did some short hikes, took a lot of pictures, and enjoyed the day. On Sunday we got up super early & got going for the day. We ate at a place called the Jailhouse for breakfast (it was pretty good). We then headed over to the ATV place and got fitted to head out on a tour on the 4 wheelers. We saw some great country...This was adventurous for me because I don't usually drive the things. Once I got more comfortable I went a little faster, but I think Alberto had fun playing in the sand with them the most. The views were great...can't wait to do it again. We then headed out to Dead Horse Point (This was Alberto's favorite part of the trip) It was beautiful and so green. We then came back in an ate Pizza at Zax (pretty good I have to say). Our trip was cut short for the day due to weather...so we definitely want to head back down that way and see some other sites...who knows I might get addicted to the 4 wheeling thing...Hope you enjoy a few of the pics...we have a slide show if you want to see it...just e-mail us....feel free to comment...


4 wheeling

View from our Room/deck

Dead Horse Point






Park Avenue (See the Indian Chief???)




What do you see...we saw a bear :)





Balanced Rock






Delicate Arch







Castle Rock (In Utah???)








Broken Arch



















2 comments:

  1. So much fun! Happy Birthday and Anniversary! Murray and I thought Moab was super pretty and fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. just found your blog!! These are great pics!

    ReplyDelete